020 8966 1299 info@sclaw.co.uk

Personal Injury

Make An AppointmentAbout Us

If you or a family member is involved in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation.

SC Law has a panel of specialist medical and other experts to prepare the reports needed to support our clients’ claims, including rehabilitation, personal care and nursing, aids and equipment, loss of earnings and other financial losses and expenses to help improve your quality of life. Our aim is get you the maximum compensation for your injuries and financial losses.

We can obtain interim payments to help with financial costs until your claim concludes.

What Can We Help You With?

Road Traffic Accidents

There is a very real risk that you or a member of your family could be involved in a road traffic accident at some point in your lifetime.

We will advise you on your injuries and any financial losses incurred and obtain the maximum amount of compensation that you may be entitled to.

We will advise you if an interim payment is possible to relieve financial pressure or to cover immediate expenses such as treatment or rehabilitation.

Fatal Accidents

There can be nothing more devastating than the unexpected death of a loved one following an accident, often as a result of accidents at work and road traffic accidents, including pedal bike cyclists, motorbikes and pedestrians.

In trying to deal with such terrible news, the bereaved often feel unable to take the correct action and deal with pursuing a claim.  At SC Law, we have highly experienced personal injury lawyers specialising in claims following a fatal accident.  We will also represent your family at any Inquest Hearing and claim for all expenses that you are entitled to.

Accidents at Work & Construction Sites

Every day, people are injured at work, often through no fault of their own, including labourers on building sites. There are various health and safety laws to safeguard employees that aim to protect you and give you the right to claim if you have been injured.

Employers have a very strict duty of care towards employees so don’t be put off by making a claim.

Public Places – Trips & Slips

Slipping and tripping accidents are often caused by defects on the pavement and poor maintenance by the council. You are entitled to compensation if it can be proved the highway or footpath is defective, or in disrepair, causing you to trip and become injured.  Similarly, if you are in injured in a shop or other public place, if it can be proved the third party was at fault, you may be entitled to make a claim.

Defective Products

Injuries can often be caused in many ways; by a falling object, or a product/machinery that you have purchased or hired that is defective or unsafe.

If you have purchased or hired a product or machinery that is defective or unsafe and has caused an injury, no matter how minor, you may be entitled to compensation.

Sports & Leisure Accidents

An instructor has a legal obligation under health and safety regulations to ensure participants are free from unnecessary risks.  Even in contact sports, people have a duty not to injure you deliberately, nor to play in a dangerous way that will cause you to suffer injury.  This applies whether you are playing in a professional capacity or simply for leisure purposes.

Accidents in the Armed Forces

At SC Law we have a specialist team of personal injury lawyers that handle a variety of personal injury claims for service personnel working within the military, naval and air forces, which may include some of the following frequent accidents that occur:

• Arduous exercise training whilst at work 
• Defective weapons and defective machinery 
• Exercises in the UK and abroad 
• Explosions 
• Falling from apparatus on assault courses 
• Motor accidents 
• Mountaineering  accidents
• Whilst moving around a military base by vehicle or on foot

The Ministry of Defence, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force amongst all other military sectors have the same duties as all other employers to provide a safe system of work to all its employees. The demands that come with any role in the Army, Navy or Royal Air Force bring danger and personal challenge so when accidents happen the injuries can often be catastrophic and life changing. An accident may occur at any time, for example, during the course of deployment, in the course of your duties or even whilst on a training expedition.

Industrial Disease & Mesothelioma Claims

Employers have a responsibility to protect the health of their employees and provide safe working conditions.  When this fails, an employee may develop a variety of industrial diseases, some of which result in serious illnesses, such as mesothelioma, asbestosis, bilateral diffuse pleural thickening, asbestos related lung cancer, hand arm vibration syndrome, upper limb injuries, tensosynovitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, silicosis, occupational asthma, dermatitis and other skin disorders

We have over 25 years experience in handling industrial disease claims and cases where harm has been caused by exposure to dangerous substances, vibration, noise or repetitive work.


Our Fees

There are three common ways in which to fund these types of cases:

  1.  Pre-existing insurance, which you may have under your home policy or a credit card.
  2. “No win, no fee”, known as a Conditional Fee Agreement, to which a 25% success fee will apply.
  3. Through a trade union.

On contacting us, we will go through the options with you and provide full details in our client care policy, as well as explaining it in detail to you.  Each case is assessed on it’s own merits.  Advice and an assessment on how your case will  be funded is given at the outset and before we begin your claim.

Book A Consultation


020 8966 1299



Or fill out the form

6 + 10 =



020 8966 1299




192 Whittington Way

Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority: SRA Number 518688 SC Law is a trading name of SC Law Solicitors Limited. Registered in England and Wales.

Company number 06860473.


We want to give you the best possible service.  However, if at any point you become concerned about the service we have provided, then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the issue.

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and investigate straightforward matters within 7 working days.  If we consider that it may take longer than 7 working days to investigate, we will advise you of the likely timescales of when you can expect our final assessment.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.  If you are still not satisfied you should address your concerns directly to the Principal Saffora Choudri or Ian-Austen Jones, who is another senior solicitor at the firm.  The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) require that a client gives us 8 weeks in which to deal with the complaint.

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.  Your complaint will be investigated fully and fairly by someone independent, such as another senior lawyer not related to the case, who will offer a suitable solution where possible.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint:
In the first instance please let us know if you are willing for an independent law firm or the local Law Society Group to review your complaint.

Alternatively, the Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves.  They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.  If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

• Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
• No more than six years from the date of the act/omission; or
• No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them directly, using the contact information below:

Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

If you are unhappy with our behaviour:
The SRA can help if you are concerned about our behaviour.  This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.​


Call Now ButtonCall Us Now