020 8966 1299 info@sclaw.co.uk


It is important to make a Will whether or not you have many possessions or much money.  It is the only way to secure financial support for the people or charities you care about.  If you don’t make a Will, the state governs who inherits your assets and how your property and possessions will be distributed according to the law, instead of your wishes.

If you have children under 18 when you die, with a Will you have the right to choose their legal guardian and set up any Trusts for your children’s benefit and avoid potentially hefty legal costs.

Although the process of making a Will can seem daunting, it’s easier than you think. At SC Law our lawyers aim to make the process simple and straight forward for you. Through our associate company we also offer tax planning to try and reduce the amount of inheritance tax you may have to pay.

We offer competitive fixed fees for single Wills at £200, plus VAT. For mirror Wills for a husband and wife, we offer a reduced fee of £380, plus VAT, if completed at the same time.

It is important to make a Will if you are not married or in a registered civil partnership, because the law does not give the same rights as married couples.

If you already have a Will it is important to have it reviewed periodically, to reflect any major life changes, particularly once you get married, have children or get divorced.

It is recommended to use a solicitor to prepare your Will, as various legal formalities need to be complied with to ensure that it is valid.

If a Will is not prepared correctly, there’s a risk a mistake could be made that could cause problems for your family and friends after you die and the Will may be contested.

If you own your own business, you can decide who will take over and how your business will continue.

If you don’t leave a will

When you die your money and possessions will not be distributed according to your wishes. The government directs who gets what and how much regardless of your relationship. In addition:

If you have children, the spouse may inherit most of the estate and your children may get nothing.

Unmarried couples and partners who haven’t registered a civil partnership are not entitled to anything, so the death of one partner may create serious financial problems.

Any inheritance tax payable may be higher than if you had made a Will.

If you have no living close relatives, your whole estate will pass to the crown.

You will not be able to leave anything to any charities you may have wished to.

If you re-marry or enter into a new registered civil partnership, this will make any previous Will you have made invalid.

If you have separated and your ex-partner now lives with someone else, you may want to change your Will.

Contact SC Law today to avoid leaving your loved ones with nothing.

Book A Consultation


020 8966 1299




Or fill out the form

3 + 9 =



020 8966 1299




192 Whittington Way

Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority: SRA Number 518688 SC Law is a trading name of SC Law Solicitors Limited. Registered in England and Wales.

Company number 06860473.


We want to give you the best possible service.  However, if at any point you become concerned about the service we have provided, then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the issue.

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and investigate straightforward matters within 7 working days.  If we consider that it may take longer than 7 working days to investigate, we will advise you of the likely timescales of when you can expect our final assessment.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.  If you are still not satisfied you should address your concerns directly to the Principal Saffora Choudri or Ian-Austen Jones, who is another senior solicitor at the firm.  The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) require that a client gives us 8 weeks in which to deal with the complaint.

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.  Your complaint will be investigated fully and fairly by someone independent, such as another senior lawyer not related to the case, who will offer a suitable solution where possible.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint:
In the first instance please let us know if you are willing for an independent law firm or the local Law Society Group to review your complaint.

Alternatively, the Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves.  They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.  If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

• Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
• No more than six years from the date of the act/omission; or
• No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them directly, using the contact information below:

Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

If you are unhappy with our behaviour:
The SRA can help if you are concerned about our behaviour.  This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.​


Call Now ButtonCall Us Now