020 8966 1299 info@sclaw.co.uk

Fixed Fee Divorce

Make An AppointmentAbout Us


A fixed fee divorce is a good option if you want a quick divorce and both you and your partner are in agreement that the marriage is over and both parties will cooperate with the process.

A fixed fee divorce is cheaper and quicker than normal divorce proceedings.


We charge a competitive fixed fee of £800, plus VAT, plus Court fee of £550 *.

Basic for divorce:

• Adultery
• Behaviour
• Desertion
• 2 years separation (this will require your spouse’s consent)
• 5 years separation (spouse’s consent not required)

If the Court is satisfied that one of the above facts has been proved, then the Judge will grant a decree absolute to permanently terminate the marriage.

The entire process is usually carried out on paper. You will not be required to attend Court unless your spouse defends the petition or you are directed by the Court to do so. The procedure can take as little as 4 to 6 months, but sometimes it can take longer depending on the circumstances of your case.

* Fixed fee divorce does not include any financial arrangements.  If you require advice for children and finance, we can refer you to one of our recommended law firms.

Book A Consultation


020 8966 1299




Or fill out the form

6 + 2 =



020 8966 1299




192 Whittington Way

Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority: SRA Number 518688 SC Law is a trading name of SC Law Solicitors Limited. Registered in England and Wales.

Company number 06860473.


We want to give you the best possible service.  However, if at any point you become concerned about the service we have provided, then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the issue.

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and investigate straightforward matters within 7 working days.  If we consider that it may take longer than 7 working days to investigate, we will advise you of the likely timescales of when you can expect our final assessment.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.  If you are still not satisfied you should address your concerns directly to the Principal Saffora Choudri or Ian-Austen Jones, who is another senior solicitor at the firm.  The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) require that a client gives us 8 weeks in which to deal with the complaint.

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.  Your complaint will be investigated fully and fairly by someone independent, such as another senior lawyer not related to the case, who will offer a suitable solution where possible.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint:
In the first instance please let us know if you are willing for an independent law firm or the local Law Society Group to review your complaint.

Alternatively, the Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves.  They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.  If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

• Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
• No more than six years from the date of the act/omission; or
• No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them directly, using the contact information below:

Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

If you are unhappy with our behaviour:
The SRA can help if you are concerned about our behaviour.  This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.​


Call Now ButtonCall Us Now